Every individual who needs access to Griot needs a user account. These accounts are managed through the "People" menu item.
Adding an Employee
On the "Add a New Employee" page, you will need to add the following for each person you are adding to Griot. Click "People", then "Add a New Employee":
* indicates required
- Employee number (optional: your company's employee number system)
- Names (first, last) *
- Username (used to log into Griot) *
- Role (sets Griot permissions - please see "Configuring Griot Roles" for more information) *
- Timecards required (Yes/No) *
- Loaded Rate (internal loaded rate - used for profitability analysis)
- Unloaded Rate (internal unloaded rate, usually Salary/number of hours to be worked a year. Used for cost type contracts).
- Percentage Billable (the percentage of time the user is expected to be billable. For unbillable employees, put zero) *
- Email Address (required to receive alerts from Griot) *
- Hours per Week (sets minimum hours to be worked for the employee to be able to submit their timecard - if left at zero, there is no minimum number of hours)
- Hours PTO per Week (to track PTO accumulation - if left at zero, no PTO is accumulated)
- Starting Date (this date will trigger when timecards will start to be required)
- Leaving Date (this date will trigger when timecards will no longer be required)
- Employment Terms (W2 Exempt, W2 Nonexempt, 1099, etc - triggers user types and permissions for Griot features) *
- Active (Yes/No - triggers # user licenses) *
- Matching QuickBooks Vendor Record (for Griot instances integrated into QuickBooks, this is required to integrate employee reimbursements - see "Configuring QuickBooks" for more information)
Adding a Subcontractor/Consultant
When adding a Subcontractor/Consultant, choose Add Employee and fill out the information required. Select Contractor as the Role, and if you want them to also complete timecards, select the Timecards Required box:
Make sure to select 1099 on the Employment Terms drop down box.