In Griot, the Site Owner usually picks a predefined role for you based on the list of roles we offer. Griot manages permissions on a matrix basis. The following is the "out of the box" permissions per role. The roles are:
- Contractor (someone who only enters their time but does not get any other access to Griot)
- Accountant (service provider such as accountant who needs to view Griot but not enter time or other data. Can manage QuickBooks integration)
- Employee (enters time, expenses, and consultants; views own PTO, tasks, & assignments)
- Financial Manager (reviews timecards and expenses, can manage the rest of Griot except for configuration)
- Manager (usually a project or department manager - manages projects, rate books, invoices, and staff)
- Personnel Manager (Usually HR or similar - manages employees)
- Sales (manages the business development opportunities and clients)
- Site Owner (manages the entire site)
- Supervisor (can review, accept, and reject timecards of those they are assigned to)
If you feel your role is either incorrect or not covered, please contact your Site Owner.
If you would like to manage the permissions of each role, click the "Manage Permissions" button located to the right of the settings page, which can be accessed by clicking the "Configuration" menu item.
Afterwards, you should see a matrix displaying roles and permissions. Use this matrix to give or take away certain permissions for each individual role. After you have made your desired changes, click "Save Changes" at the bottom left and use the "Manage Settings" button at the top right to return to the settings page.