The Configuration Menu Item
As a Site Owner, it is possible to access the Configuration menu item. This will lead you to the Griot Settings page, which lets you perform a multitude of actions for different functions of Griot, including (but not limited to) editing permissions, company information, and mileage rates. In order to access the 'Griot Settings' page, click on the 'Configuration' menu item, which is located to the left of 'My Timecard'. Only Site Owners can see and access the 'Configuration' menu item.
This article will go over the 'General Settings' tab, as well as the 'Manage Permissions' button. The 'General Settings' tab is located at the top of the settings list on the left, and the Manage Permissions button is located to the right, above the settings boxes.
The 'General Settings' tab allows the Site Owner to edit notification settings, details for their company, and even Excel settings. The first box goes over communication preferences.
Site Owners can edit the following items within this box:
- Desktop Push Notifications - Enable or disable the ability to send reminder notifications to desktop users (only works with Chrome)
- Mobile Push Notifications - Enable or disable the ability to send reminder notifications to mobile users
- "From" Email Address - The email address that any generated email is considered sent from
- Email Contact - Email address of the recipient for generated emails
- Email Address Name - Name of the contact for generated emails
These items revolve around reminder notifications and generated email information, allowing for customizable emails and the choice to use or not use notifications. The box below goes over details regarding the company.
This box allows you to fill out the following information for company:
- Your Address - The address of your company, which will also show up on generated invoices.
- Email for Billing - Email used for your billing contact info.
- Company Logo - The company logo; shows up on the Griot site as well as generated invoices.
- EIN - Your tax ID number, which will also be displayed on generated invoices.
- Signature - The name, position, and signature of the person who will be displayed on generated invoices.
- Website - Your company's own website.
Much of what appears in this box will be displayed on invoices that are generated by your company through Griot, allowing for quicker and easier invoice generation.
This box, which is located at the bottom of the list in 'General Settings', revolves around Excel. When something is generated into an Excel document on Griot, you are able to decide what file type it generates as. You are also able to edit the column sizes, allowing for more personalized Excel documents. The last option involves providing the alias for the External Reference field.
The 'Manage Permissions' button allows the Site Owner edit the individual permissions for each role present within Griot. To access the permissions matrix, click the button located at the top right of the 'Griot Settings' page, which can be accessed by clicking the 'Configuration' menu item.
For more information on configuring roles, please check out our other articles on roles and their functions.